So who is this 'Amra' person anyway? And what makes her so qualified to talk about social impact?
With experience spanning both the commercial and social sectors, for close to a decade Amra has worked to bridge the gap between large corporates and social enterprises, structuring strategic partnerships to leverage pooled resources and deliver real results on-the-ground. As the Head of Partnerships, Amra led Project Inspire – a global youth social entrepreneurship challenge. She grew the competition to become one of the biggest in Asia by bringing on strategic multinational corporations and community organisations as partners, and by championing more robust capacity building opportunities for entrepreneurs participating in the initiative. During her time at UN Women Singapore, Amra rolled out a number of initiatives including: a pilot corporate engagement program with full implementation in 2016; UNited We Hack (a hackathon for social good); Girls2Pioneers (a local STEM program for girls aged 10-15); Project Aspire (a local social entrepreneurship initiative for Singapore students); and, the Singapore campaign strategy for HeForShe to support the UN Women global initiative.
Amra frequently speaks about the importance of partnerships and combining social and business at events and conferences. She has been featured as one of Harpers Bazaar’s 2014 Women Who Inspire Others and is also an ambassador for Impact Journalism Day by Sparknews. Amra has recently been appointed as a World Economic Forum Global Shaper, and often mentors & consults with young social entrepreneurs.
Born in Zimbabwe, with Chinese & Indian heritage, Amra enjoys working in a diverse and multicultural environment. She is passionate about social entrepreneurship & social innovation for sustainable and impactful development.
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Social Innovation
- Pecha Kucha Singapore, July 2015
- Philanthropy in Asia Summit 2014
- Cosmopolitan Singapore, Fun Fearless Life Series, August 2015
- Corporate talks (BHP, British Chamber of Commerce, BritCham women's network, Athena cappuccino connections and more)
- Asia Corporate Sustainability Summit & Awards 2016
- Humanitarian Asia Fundraising Conference 2017
- Harpers Bazaar's Women Who Inspire Others June 2014
- Cosmopolitan Singapore's, Fun Fearless Life, September 2015
- Asian NGO for Project Inspire, 2014 & 2015
- HootSuite Case Study - 'Ending Gender Inequality With Social Media', 2015
- SIX-SIX News, 2015
- PR Asia Weekly, 2015
- Fielfalt, 2016