Episode 9 & 10 of the Doing Good Podcast are interviews with Founder of Chuffed, Prashan Paramanthan. In episode 9, we talk all things tech for good, crowdfunding for social good and more. You get a better understand of what exactly crowdfunding is and how it can be used to create huge impact. Chuffed is a unique social enterprise in its structure and is the first of its kind to receive venture capital funding. If you would like to hear more about the business side of things for Chuffed from Prashan, you can check out episode 10 with his advice on getting started, how to fundraise and more. Enjoy!
Favourite quote from episode:
“Pitch them the big bold idea of how you’re going to change the world” [24:00]
People/ items mentioned in this episode:
Get in contact with Prashan on Twitter
- What exactly is crowdfunding and how is it transforming the charity sector? [02:30]
- What makes Chuffed different to other crowdfunding platforms out there? [04:00]
- Prashan takes us on the journey of how Chuffed started [11:45]
- How did you come up with the name for your social enterprise? [24:41]
- How does Chuffed measure impact? [31:38]
- Prashan gives advice on how to get started/ get involved in creating your own social impact [44:10]
- Three Things [55:00]
What was your favorite quote or lesson from this episode? Let me know in the comments!